Friday, July 9, 2010

Lemonade!

So, it's been absurdly hot in NYC this week, so I thought I'd post something to cool you down...


What could possibly be better on a hot day than LEMONADE?!


Mmmmmmmm....


One of the best beverages on Earth--and ruined by the soft drink companies.  I can honestly say I don't think I've ever bought a quality lemonade.  It pays to make it yourself.  So good.  If you've never made it before, I suggest you try it.  You'll be shocked at how delicious it is!


So, without further adieu, I present to you my lemonade recipe:


1 1/2 lemons (you can add more if you want)


Approximately 32 oz filtered water


2 tablespoons sugar (or honey or whatever you want to sweeten it with.  I think for the crispness of the lemon taste, regular sugar is best)


Alright!  So, juice those lemons, mix the juice with the water, add the sugar, mix, and YAY!  Fresh, homemade, AWESOME lemonade!


That was too easy, right?  I know.  Incredibly easy, and yet little kids still resort to those powdered nasty lemonade packets for their lemonade stands.  Now you can put them out of business...


Once you try homemade lemonade, it's hard to go back to the processed stuff.  Doesn't taste nearly as good and has more sugar than you can imagine--so why do you drink it?  STOP TODAY!  Making lemonade is so easy--there's no reason to drink the nasty stuff!


Here's my delicious lemonade!



Notice the clearer (read: not YELLOW) lemonade.  Oh right, that's what lemon juice looks like watered down without Yellow #5 dye added...


Enjoy this one!


Happy Eating,


KS

2 comments:

  1. nothing beats a good glass of lemonade on a hot day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you're trying to sell it to us. Are you working for Big Lemons Inc.!?

    ReplyDelete