Sunday, June 27, 2010

Chicken Francaise

Mmmmmm...  Butter.  Even better--buttery chicken.  Even better than that--buttery lemon chicken.  Butter is pretty much the best invention ever.  Combine that with some lemon and some chicken and you end up with a delicious result:  chicken francaise.  Dieters beware.

This chicken dish is extremely tender--the extra fat in the butter acts as a tenderizer for the meat.

So here's how you make this awesome dish:
You'll need:

2 chicken breasts

1/2 stick butter

 1 lemon

Chives, for garnish

6 tablespoons flour (I used whole wheat)

1 egg

1 tablespoon milk

Dash of garlic powder

I started off with two chicken breasts, which I cut lengthwise in half so they were thinner.  I then pounded those to be quite thin.

Melt a little more than half the butter in a pan.  Don't let it brown.

Then, beat the egg slightly and add the tablespoon of milk and garlic powder.  I poured this on a plate with a rim for easy dipping.  Put the flour on another plate.

Dip the each piece of chicken first into the flour, then into the egg, then lightly into the flour again.  Place chicken in the pan and brown on both sides.

When chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove from pan.

Squeeze juice of the lemon into the pan.  Melt remaining butter in the pan.  Pour this mixture over the chicken pieces and garnish with chives.

Enjoy!

While this might not be a recipe to be used often because of its high fat content, it's absolutely fantastic as a treat,  and is sure to impress your family and guests.  Its perfect mix of savory and tart flavors are sure to please the palate.  I justify this meal using the fact that chicken breast is already very low in fat, so all that extra butter can't be that bad...  Plus I'm a huge proponent for butter and fat in general, anyway, but I know some of you out there aren't in the same boat as me on that.  We'll discuss that another day...

Enjoy your delicious chicken francaise, and lick up that butter!

Happy Eating,

KS

1 comment:

  1. Whenever KS makes me a meal for the first time she asks me "Would you eat that more often?" Well, since I've never eaten this meal before in my life, I assume she's asking would I eat it at least once more in my life. Yes! It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete